- 8 ounces any Eden Soba or Udon
- .88 ounces Eden Whole Shiitake Mushrooms, or Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 1/4 cup water, for cooking mushrooms
- 1 tsp Eden Hot Pepper Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp Eden Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 cups broccoli, chopped
- 3 Tbsp Eden Mirin
- 3 Tbsp Eden Brown Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce, or to taste
- 1 cup pea pods, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Eden Kuzu Root Starch, dissolved in 2 T. cold water
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely sliced
Cook pasta as package directs, rinse, drain and set aside. Place shiitake and water in a small saucepan, cover, bring to a boil and simmer 15 minutes. Drain the water off the shiitake and reserve water. If using whole shiitake, slice off the stems and discard. Then slice the caps.
Heat the oils in a large skillet and sauté peppers and sliced shiitake for 2 minutes. Add broccoli and sauté another 1 minute. Add the shiitake cooking water, mirin, brown rice vinegar and shoyu. Bring to a boil. Reduce the flame to medium-low, and add the pea pods and dissolved kuzu, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens. Cook 1 minute until the pea pods are tender and bright green. Serve over pasta and garnish with green onions.
Per serving - 233 calories, 4 g fat (14% calories from fat), 8 g protein, 42 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 339 mg sodium