- 8 Eden Whole Shiitake Mushrooms
or 1 package Eden Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms
- 5 cups water, including reserved shiitake soaking water
- 1 tsp Eden Wakame Flakes
- 1/4 cup onions, thin sliced
- 1 cup carrots, quartered, thin sliced
- 1 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 cup organic tofu, cut into small cubes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Eden Genmai Miso
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Eden Shiro Miso
- 2 Tbsp green onions, fine chopped
Soak shiitake 10 to 20 minutes in hot water to cover. Remove and discard stems from shiitake and slice caps. Reserve soaking water. Place water, shiitake soaking water, and shiitake in a pot. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 5 minutes until shiitake are tender. Add wakame flakes, onion, carrots, and broccoli. Cover and simmer 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and uncover. Place miso in a small cup, add a little hot soup broth, and puree until creamy. Add pureed miso and tofu to soup stock. Simmer, without boiling, for 2 to 3 minutes. Garnish with chopped green onions, and serve.
Eden Bonito Flakes can be added to soup at the beginning. For this recipe add 2 tablespoons, crumbled, to the stock.
Per serving - 78 calories, 0 g fat (2% calories from fat), 6 g protein, 11 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 454 mg sodium