- 1/2 package Eden Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp Eden Sesame Oil, or Toasted Sesame Oil
- 4 cups onions, sliced thin
- 5 cups water
- 1 piece Eden Kombu, 2 inches long
- 3 Tbsp Eden Bonito Flakes, crumbled
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 4 pieces Eden Sprouted Brown Rice Mochi, or any Eden Mochi, cubed
- 2 Tbsp scallions, finely chopped
Heat the oil in a medium soup pot. Sauté onions for 5 to 7 minutes or until translucent. Add the water, shiitake, kombu and crumbled bonito flakes to the pot. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the flame to medium-low and simmer for 25 minutes. Reduce the flame to low, remove the kombu (use in another dish or discard). Add the shoyu. Simmer on low for 5 minutes.
Bake the mochi at 350° or pan fry for about 5 to 7 minutes or until the cubes puff up. Remove and place several pieces in each soup bowl.
Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with scallions.
Per serving - 145 calories, 3 g fat (17% calories from fat), 4 g protein, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 353 mg sodium