- 1 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 29 ounces Eden Cannellini (White Kidney) Beans, or Great Northern Beans, do not drain
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp Eden Basil
- 1/2 tsp Eden Sea Salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, finely chopped
or frozen chopped spinach
- 1/8 tsp Eden Black Pepper, or to taste
Heat oil in a large saucepan, sauté the garlic and onions for 2 to 3 minutes. Add celery, carrots, sage, basil, beans, water and sea salt. Cover, bring to a boil and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Add black pepper and spinach. Simmer 2 minutes.
If you wish, you may puree the soup in a blender before adding pepper and spinach.
Per serving - 164 calories, 3 g fat (18% calories from fat), 10 g protein, 28 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium