- 15 ounces Eden Spicy Pinto Beans, 1 can, drained, reserve liquid
or Eden Chili Beans
- 1 cup Eden Quinoa, rinsed
or Eden Red Quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water, including reserved bean liquid
- 1 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
or fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
Place 1 1/2 cups of water, including bean juice, in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Add quinoa, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, until tender.
While the quinoa is cooking, blend the oil, lime juice, and shoyu in a bowl or blender. Place the beans in a bowl, pour the liquid over, toss, and let sit at room temperature until the quinoa is done. Add the quinoa, onion, red pepper, and parsley or cilantro. Mix well. Serve warm, room temperature or chilled.
Per serving - 217 calories, 5 g fat (19% calories from fat), 7 g protein, 36 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 442 mg sodium