- 2 Tbsp Eden Hiziki, rinsed
- 1 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups leeks, thinly sliced
or coarsely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Eden Mirin
- 15 ounces Eden Black Soybeans, 1 can drained, reserve liquid
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger root, minced
- 2 cups organic sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup water
Set the hiziki in a large bowl or pot and pour an ample amount of boiling water on top. Cover and let sit for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse hiziki. Set aside.
In a large skillet heat the oil and sauté the garlic for several seconds, stirring frequently. Stir in the mirin and continue cooking over high heat until the mirin evaporates, about 30 seconds. Add the reserved soybean liquid, hiziki, shoyu, ginger, and sweet potatoes. Bring to a boil. Cover and lower heat to medium. Cook until the sweet potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes. Add a bit more water during cooking, if the mixture becomes dry.
Just before serving, stir in the beans and leeks, cover and cook until the beans are hot and the leeks are tender. Delicious over any Eden Soba or Udon Pastas.
Per serving - 248 calories, 7 g fat (27% calories from fat), 11 g protein, 35 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 462 mg sodium