- 0.88 ounces Eden Maitake Mushrooms, soaked in 1 cup hot water for 20 minutes, reserve soaking water
- 0.88 ounces Eden Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms, soaked in 1 cup hot water for 20 minutes, reserve soaking water
- 2 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Eden Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Eden Hot Pepper Sesame Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger root, minced
- 3 Tbsp Eden Kuzu Root Starch, dissolved in 2 cups reserved mushroom soaking water
- 2 Tbsp Eden Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp Eden Brown Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dry pan-tossed sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
Place the rice, water and pinch of salt in a medium sauce pan. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
Heat the oils for the mushroom sauce in a large heavy skillet and sauté the mushrooms for 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger. Sauté another 3 minutes. Add the kuzu/mushroom soaking water mixture, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens. Add the shoyu, vinegar, and maple syrup. Simmer on medium-low for about 10 minutes until the mushrooms are tender. Serve over cooked white or brown rice and garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.
Per serving - 431 calories, 16 g fat (30% calories from fat), 22 g protein, 62 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 481 mg sodium