- 1 small butternut squash, cut in half lengthwise and remove seeds
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to sauté onions
- 1 pinch Eden Sea Salt
- 1 cup Eden Oat Flakes
- 1/3 cup Eden Soft White Pastry Wheat Flour
- 1/3 cup organic unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 tsp non-aluminum baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Eden Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup Thompson Organic Seedless Raisins
- 1/4 cup Eden Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Eden Safflower Oil
- 1/4 cup Eden Apple Juice, or Unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp Eden Barley Malt Syrup
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp chopped pecans, for topping
Preheat the oven to 400°. Oil a baking sheet, place squash cut side down on the sheet. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender. Remove from the oven and let cook slightly.
While the squash bakes, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a medium saucepan and sauté the onions with a pinch of salt over medium-low heat until they are translucent and begin to caramelize. Scoop the squash out of the skin and place in the saucepan with the onions. Thoroughly mix and set aside.
To prepare the cookie batter, place the oats, two flours, baking powder, cinnamon, sea salt, pecans and raisins in a mixing bowl. Stir to mix well. Add the oil, apple juice, maple syrup, vanilla, and barley malt and mix thoroughly. Oil a 9" x 13" cookie sheet or pie plate and press the cookie batter down firmly to flatten, forming a pie crust about 1/4" to 1/2" thick. Bake the pie shell for 20 minutes until slightly browned. Spread the squash and onions evenly over the pie crust. Sprinkle the chopped nuts over the squash and bake another 5 to 7 minutes. Remove, let sit to cool, slice and serve.
Per serving - 377 calories, 16 g fat (36% calories from fat), 6 g protein, 58 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium