- 1 cup Eden Dried Green Lentils
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 tsp organic pure maple syrup
- 2 cups Eden Lentil Hummus, (see Eden's recipe)
or prepared hummus
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, water packed or oil packed, chopped
Place the lentils and water in a heavy saucepan, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer about 30 minutes until lentils are tender, but not soft and mushy. When done, drain the water from the lentils and reserve. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet and sauté the shallots and garlic. Sauté until golden, stirring constantly. Add the cooked lentils and all remaining ingredients to the skillet. Mix thoroughly. Thin by adding a little bit of the lentil cooking liquid until the desired consistency. Adjust the seasoning, if needed. Remove from heat.
Serve as a sandwich spread or dip with you favorite bread, warm pita, crackers, chips, or raw vegetables.
Yields: 4 cups
Variation: If pressed for time, use 1 can Eden Lentils w/Onion & Bay Leaf instead of cooking dry lentils from scratch.
Per serving - 134 calories, 5 g fat (27% calories from fat), 6 g protein, 22 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium