- 4 cups chopped leeks, about 1/3 to 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 3 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, plus more for garnish when done
- 1/4 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1 pinch Eden Black Pepper
- 1 cup leftover cooked organic long grain brown or white rice
Heat oil in a heavy pot. Add onions and saute for 4 to 5 minutes. Add carrots and saute 3 to 5 minutes. Add the leeks and saute 5 minutes. Add the water, lemon juice and sea salt. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
Remove the cover, add the cooked rice and mix in with the vegetables. Season with more lemon, salt, and pepper if desired. Cook another 3 to 4 minutes. Remove, place in a serving bowl and allow to come to room temperature. Drizzle with more olive oil, sea salt and lemon if desired just before serving.
Per serving - 229 calories, 11 g fat (42% calories from fat), 3 g protein, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 146 mg sodium