- 1 cup Eden Buckwheat
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Eden Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 cup baby portobello mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup button mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 pinch Eden Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas, blanched, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup Eden Three Onion Sauerkraut
or original Eden Sauerkraut
- 1/4 cup reserved sauerkraut liquid
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Place buckwheat in boiling water, cover, reduce heat to medium low and simmer 20 minutes. Remove, place in a mixing bowl and fluff to cool. When room temperature, heat the oils in a large skillet. Sauté the mushrooms and onions with sea salt for 7 to 10 minutes until caramelized. Remove and set aside.
Using you hands, squeeze the sauerkraut and reserve the brine. Sprinkle kraut brine and lemon juice over the buckwheat. Add the peas and mix thoroughly. Arrange the buckwheat and caramelized vegetables in a dish and top with sauerkraut.
Per serving - 252 calories, 8 g fat (28% calories from fat), 7 g protein, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium