- 15 ounces Eden Chili Beans (seasoned dark red kidney), 1 can, do not drain
- 1 cup organic whole tomatoes, chopped, do not drain
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups organic sweet corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 cup organic cornmeal
- 3/4 cup organic unbleached white flour
- 2 tsp non-aluminum baking powder
- 1 cup Edensoy Extra Original, or Unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Eden Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Eden Safflower Oil
- 1 Tbsp organic maple syrup
Preheat the oven to 375°. In a 10 inch pie plate or casserole dish, combine the beans, tomatoes, bell pepper, corn, onion, cilantro, and parsley.
To prepare the cornbread, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and sea salt in a mixing bowl and set aside. Mix thoroughly. In a measuring cup, combine the Edensoy, oil, vinegar and maple syrup. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes until thick like buttermilk. Pour the Edensoy mixture into the dry ingredients, and stir until batter is smooth.
Pour the batter over the bean mixture. Bake until cake tester inserted into the cornbread topping comes out dry, about 30 minutes.
Per serving - 246 calories, 5 g fat (18% calories from fat), 9 g protein, 43 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 387 mg sodium