- 2 cups Eden Quinoa, leftover, cooked
or Eden Red Quinoa
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 15 ounces Eden Black Eyed Peas, 1 can, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup organic sunflower seeds, dry, pan roasted
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup celery, finely diced
- 2 tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Eden Safflower Oil, for oiling the squash skin
Preheat oven to 350°. Mix together, in a medium bowl, the quinoa, parsley, garlic, black eyed peas, sunflower seeds, red pepper, celery, lemon juice and shoyu. Lightly oil the squash skin, with Eden Safflower Oil, to prevent splitting. Stuff each squash half with the quinoa stuffing. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice over each stuffed squash. Place on a baking sheet, cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes or until the squash is tender.
The squash may be steamed for 45 minutes instead of baking. Any Eden Beans may be substituted for Black Eyed Peas.
Per serving - 611 calories, 15 g fat (22% calories from fat), 19 g protein, 103 g carbohydrate, 15 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium