- 4 cups organic unbleached white flour
- 1 package dry yeast
- 2 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1 1/3 cups warm water, about 85°F.
- Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for oiling the bowl
- 14 ounces Eden Pizza Pasta Sauce
- 1 small red onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced thin
or a variety of fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 8 ounces pitted black or Kalamata olives, sliced thin
Combine dry yeast, oil and warm water in a small bowl. Stir several seconds until yeast dissolves. Combine flour and sea salt. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix to form a ball of dough. Knead for 10 minutes. Lightly oil a large mixing bowl and place the dough in it. Cover with a damp cloth, place in a warm area and let rise for approximately 2 hours until the dough doubles in size. Divide the dough in half and form 2 pizza crusts. Place the dough on pizza pans and add equal amounts of pizza sauce, onion, mushrooms, green pepper and olives. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
While the pizzas are resting, preheat the oven to 400°F. Bake the pizzas for 25 to 30 minutes or until the crust is light brown on the bottom and crispy. Slice each pizza into 8 equal size wedges and serve.
Yields: 2 pizza pies; 16 slices
Per serving - 154 calories, 3 g fat (20% calories from fat), 4 g protein, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 266 mg sodium