- 4 cups water
- 1 cup onion, wedges
- 1/4 cup celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, julienned
- 1 cup broccoli, florets
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup mung bean sprouts, washed and drained
- 1/4 cup Eden Kuzu Root Starch, dissolved in 5 T. cold water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce, or to taste
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root, finely grated, or to taste
Cook pasta as package directs, rinse under cold water and drain. Heat oil in a deep-frying pot. When hot, deep-fry small batches of the cooked udon, until golden brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
Bring water to a boil. Add the onions, celery and carrots. Cover and bring to a boil again. Reduce the flame to medium-low and simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Remove cover and reduce the flame to low. Add the broccoli, bell pepper and bean sprouts. Ad dissolved kuzu to the pot, stirring constantly until thick and translucent. Add shoyu to taste and simmer 2 minutes. Turn off the flame and add ginger to taste. Place a serving of deep-fried noodles in each bowl, ladle the vegetables and kuzu sauce over.
Per serving - 222 calories, 1 g fat (4% calories from fat), 9 g protein, 46 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 383 mg sodium