- 10 organic flour tortilla, 8 inch
- 2 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 15 ounces Eden Rice & Cajun Small Red Beans
- 15 ounces Eden Refried Kidney Beans
- 1/2 cup organic salsa
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, shredded
Preheat the oven to 300°. Place the shells in a tortilla warmer or a covered casserole dish. Heat until warm.
Heat the oil in a large skillet and sauté the onions and red peppers for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the rice and small red beans, and sauté another 5 minutes. Add the refried beans and thoroughly mix. Cover, reduce the flame to low. Cook until the rice and beans are hot, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
When the shells and the rice and beans are hot, place an equal amount of rice and beans on each tortilla. Top with equal amounts of salsa and lettuce. Roll up and place on individual serving plates.
Yields: 10 burritos; 2 per person
Per serving - 594 calories, 17 g fat (25% calories from fat), 18 g protein, 95 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 979 mg sodium