- 2 (16 oz) cans Eden Spicy Refried Pinto Beans, or Spicy Refried Black Beans
- 1 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup organic sweet corn, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups cooked organic long grain or basmati brown rice
- 12 organic whole grain flour or corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups fresh organic tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup any Eden Crushed Tomatoes with Onion, Garlic & Basil
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Eden Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Eden Ground Coriander
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp finely minced jalapeno
Drain half the liquid off the diced tomatoes and set aside. Place the tomatoes, onion, lime juice, shoyu, cumin, coriander, parsley and maple syrup in a small mixing bowl and mix. Add more seasoning or tomato liquid for desired consistency. Set aside while you prepare the beans and heat the tortilla shells.
Heat the oil in a large skillet and sauté the garlic and onions for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the green pepper, red pepper and sweet corn. Sauté 1 to 2 minutes. Add the refried beans and mix thoroughly with the vegetables until hot. While the beans are heating, prepare the tortillas.
Preheat the oven to 300°. Place the tortillas in a tortilla warmer or casserole dish, cover and heat until warm, about 10 minutes.
Remove the tortillas from the oven. Place 3 or 4 tablespoons of rice in the center of each tortilla. Place 2 or 3 tablespoons of refried beans on top of the rice. Roll up and spoon the salsa over before eating.
Per serving - 665 calories, 14 g fat (19% calories from fat), 19 g protein, 117 g carbohydrate, 12 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 1134 mg sodium