- 15 ounces Eden Refried Kidney Beans
- 1 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups organic diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp Eden Hot Crushed Chili Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Eden Ground Chili Pepper, optional
- 1/2 tsp Eden Cumin Powder
- 12 organic corn or flour tortilla shells, 6 inch
- 1 cup tofu ricotta, see Eden' recipe
- 1 cup Eden Spaghetti Sauce, or Spaghetti Sauce - No Salt
- 1 cup organic salsa
Preheat the oven to 350°. Heat oil in a medium skillet and sauté the garlic, onion, red pepper, and red pepper flakes for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the refried beans, drained tomatoes, chili powder and cumin. Mix thoroughly until the beans are hot, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Evenly divide the bean mixture between the tortillas and roll up. Place the enchiladas seam side down in a baking dish. Mix the spaghetti sauce and salsa. Evenly pour the tomato sauce mixture over the enchilada. Evenly spoon the tofu ricotta over each enchilada. Bake for 30 minutes until the enchiladas are warm and the sauce is bubbling. Serve 2 enchiladas per person.
Per serving - 601 calories, 14 g fat (21% calories from fat), 19 g protein, 101 g carbohydrate, 11 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 1340 mg sodium