- 8 ounces Eden Spelt Udon, or any Udon
- 2 Tbsp Eden Toasted Sesame Oil
or Eden Black Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Eden Hot Pepper Sesame Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Eden Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms, boiled 4 minutes in 1/2 cup water, reserve cooking liquid
- 4 ounces button mushrooms, stems removed, quartered
or baby portabella
- 2 Tbsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 8 baby carrots, blanched 2 minutes, quartered
- 1 cup broccoli florets, blanched 1 minute, rinse under cold water to keep color bright
- 1/2 cup snow peas or snap peas, stems removed, blanched 20 seconds, rinse under cold water
Cook the udon as package directs, rinse in a colander and drain.
Heat the oils in a large skillet and sauté the garlic 1 minute. Add the shiitake slices, button mushrooms and half of the shoyu. Stir fry, moving constantly, for 4 to 5 minutes until the mushrooms are browned. If the mushrooms stick to the bottom of the skillet, add a couple tablespoons of the shiitake cooking water. Add the udon and the remaining shoyu. Mix well to coat the udon with shoyu and the mushroom juices. Toss constantly until hot, about 3 to 4 minutes. Mix in the blanched carrots, broccoli and snow or snap peas. Stir fry several more seconds and serve.
Per serving - 264 calories, 7 g fat (25% calories from fat), 10 g protein, 41 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 462 mg sodium