- 2 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Eden Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms, soaked 10 minutes in 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup organic potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup green beans, fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbsp Eden Kuzu Root Starch, dissolved in 3 T. cold water
- 1 cup Original Edensoy, or Extra Original
- 1 cup water, including reserved shiitake soaking water
- 1/2 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Eden Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground sage
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
Heat the oil in a soup pot and sauté the onions for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the shiitake, save the soaking water and add them to the pot. Add the celery, potatoes and carrots. Sauté another 2 to 3 minutes. Add the green peas and green beans. Combine the Edensoy with 1 cup of shiitake soaking water and the dissolved kuzu. Slowly add it to the pot, stirring constantly until the liquid thickens. Add salt, pepper and sage. Reduce the flame to low and simmer 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and mix in the broccoli.
Preheat the oven to 350°. Prepare the pie crust by combining the dry ingredients. Combine the wet ingredients and mix in with the dry to form a ball of dough. Divide the dough in half. Roll out on a floured board or baking paper to form a bottom crust. Place the crust in a 9 inch pie plate. Trim the edges and with a fork poke several holes in the bottom of the crust. Bake for 5 minutes. Roll out the remaining dough for the top crust.
Fill the pre baked crust with the vegetable filling. Moisten the edges of the crust with water. Place the top crust on and press the edges firmly down with a fork. Trim the top crust with a knife. Poke several holes in the top crust with a fork to allow steam to escape. Bake again approximately 30 minutes until golden and flaky. Remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
Yields 1 pie, 8 slices - 2 slices per person
Per serving - 743 calories, 37 g fat (44% calories from fat), 17 g protein, 90 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 421 mg sodium