- 2 1/2 cups organic unbleached white flour
- 1/2 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp non-aluminum baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup Edensoy Original, or Extra Original
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 2 tsp Eden Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Eden Safflower Oil
- 2 tsp Eden Safflower Oil
- 2 Tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp Eden Cinnamon
- 19 ounces unsweetened pineapple rings, 10 slices, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cake pan, 9" X 13"
or two 8" round spring form cake pans
Preheat the oven to 350°. Place 2 teaspoons of safflower oil in the bottom of a 9" x 13" cake pan, and evenly spread it around. Place cinnamon and 2 tablespoons maple syrup in the cake pan and evenly spread. Place the pineapple rings in the bottom of the cake pan.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Combine the remaining wet ingredients in a measuring cup and let sit 5 minutes. Whisk the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients. Pour the batter over the pineapple slices. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove the cake and loosen around the edges with a spatula. Place a platter upside down on top of a cake pan. Flip the pan over, sliding the cake onto the platter. The pineapple slices should be facing up. Allow to cool slightly before slicing.
Apple rings or peach slices may be substituted for pineapple.
Per serving - 343 calories, 9 g fat (23% calories from fat), 6 g protein, 62 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 305 mg sodium