- 1 1/2 cups Eden Soft White Pastry Wheat Flour
or organic unbleached white flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp non-aluminum baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1 cup Original Edensoy, or Vanilla
- 3 Tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Eden Safflower Oil
- 1 tsp Eden Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, unsweetened, sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans, dry pan roasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped
or organic seedless raisins
Preheat the oven to 350° and assemble the cake. Sift dry ingredients together. Mix liquid ingredients together in a separate bowl. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well. Oil a 9" or 10" cake pan and pour in batter.
TOPPING: Place fruit around the outside edges of the cake. Fill center with nuts and chopped dates or raisins.
SAUCE: Combine sauce ingredients, whisk together and gently pour over the top of the cake. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
Per serving - 275 calories, 13 g fat (39% calories from fat), 4 g protein, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 241 mg sodium