- 1 1/2 cups organic unbleached white flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp non-aluminum baking powder
- 1 pinch Eden Sea Salt
- 1 cup Edensoy Original, or Vanilla
- 3 Tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Eden Safflower Oil
- 1 Tbsp Eden Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple, fresh or canned
- 1/2 cup pecans, roasted and chopped
Preheat oven to 350°.
CAKE: Sift dry ingredients together. Mix liquid ingredients together in a separate bowl. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well. Oil a 9" or 10" cake pan and pour in batter.
TOPPING: To roast nuts, place on a cookie sheet in a 350° oven for 20 minutes. Set aside to cool. Chop the nuts. Place fruit around the outside edges of the cake. Fill center with dried fruit and nuts.
SAUCE: Combine sauce ingredients, whisk together and gently pour over top of the cake. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
Per serving - 251 calories, 12 g fat (43% calories from fat), 4 g protein, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium