- 1/2 cup Eden Dried Daikon Radish, rinsed
- 8 Eden Whole Shiitake Mushrooms
or 1/2 cup Eden Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Eden Dried Lotus Root
- 2 pieces Eden Dried Tofu, soaked 10 in warm water
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup parsnips, julienned
- 1/2 cup carrots, julienned
- 1/4 cup leeks, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cups water, including soaking water from all dried vegetables
- 2 tsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce, or to taste
In separate bowls, soak shiitake, dried daikon, dried tofu, and lotus root slices in hot water to cover for 10 to 20 minutes. Reserve the soaking waters from the vegetables, discard tofu soaking water, and combine to equal 1 1/2 cups liquid. If using whole shiitake, remove and discard stems, and slice the caps. If using sliced shiitake, simply soak. Chop the daikon and lotus root. Slice or cube the dried tofu.
Layer shiitake, dried lotus root, dried daikon, dried tofu, onion, parsnip and carrots in a saucepan. Add water to almost cover the ingredients. Cover pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20 minutes. Add shoyu, cover pan, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove cover, add leeks, mix, and cook 2 to 3 minutes until most of the remaining liquid is gone.
Per serving - 180 calories, 0 g fat (0% calories from fat), 6 g protein, 35 g carbohydrate, 13 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium