- 2 cups Eden Kamut Flour
- 2 cups organic unbleached white flour
- 1/2 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1 package dry yeast
- 3 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/3 cups warm water (85°)
- 1/4 cup Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for brushing on the pizza crust
- 14 ounces Eden Pizza Pasta Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup thinly slice onion
- 1 small green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips or rings
- 1 small red, yellow or orange bell pepper, sliced into thin strips or rings
- 1 cup thinly sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata or black olives, sliced into thin strips or rings
- 1/4 cup Eden Garlic Gomasio
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
Combine flours and sea salt in a medium mixing bowl. Combine dry yeast, oil and warm water in a small bowl or measuring cup. Stir several seconds until yeast dissolves. Let rest for 5 minutes. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and mix to form a ball of dough. Knead for 10 minutes by hand or place in a food processor and pulse frequently to form a firm ball of dough, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Lightly oil a large mixing bowl and place the dough in it. Cover with a damp cloth, place in a warm area and let rise for approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the dough doubles in size.
Preheat the oven to 400°. Divide the dough in half and roll out on a floured counter top to form 2 pizza crusts. Place the dough on pizza pans or large cookie sheets and brush each with olive oil. Add equal amounts of Pizza Pasta Sauce, garlic, onions, mushrooms, green and red peppers, and olives. Sprinkle gomasio and basil over each. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
Bake the pizzas for 25 to 30 minutes or until the crust is light brown on the bottom and crispy. Slice each pizza into 8 equal size wedges and serve.
Yields: 2 pizza pies; 16 slices
Per serving - 175 calories, 7 g fat (33% calories from fat), 4 g protein, 0 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium