- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Eden Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1/2 cup Eden Dried Daikon Radish, rinsed
- 8 Eden Whole Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Eden Dried Lotus Root
- 1/2 cup carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cup leeks, washed well, chopped, use both white and green parts
- 2 tsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce, or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups water, including reserved dried vegetable soaking waters
- 1/2 cup organic sweet corn, fresh or frozen
In separate bowls, soak the shiitake, dried daikon and lotus root slice in hot water just to cover for 10 to 20 minutes. Reserve the soaking waters from the vegetables and combine to equal 1 1/2 cups liquid. Remove stems from the shiitake, discard and slice the caps. Chop the daikon and lotus root, reserving soaking waters.
Heat up the oil in a medium skillet and sauté the garlic for 1 minute. Add the shiitake, dried lotus root, dried daikon and carrots. Do not mix. Add water to almost cover the ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the flame to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes. Add shoyu, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove cover, add leeks and sweet corn, mix and cook 2 to 3 minutes until most of the remaining liquid is gone.
Per serving - 192 calories, 4 g fat (17% calories from fat), 4 g protein, 34 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium