- 2.4 ounces Eden Mung Bean Pasta (Harusame), 1 package
- 3 cups water, including reserved shiitake soaking water
- 1/4 piece Eden Kombu, 2 inches long
- 6 Eden Whole Shiitake Mushrooms, soaked 20 minutes in 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup carrots, julienned
- 1 cup Chinese cabbage, chopped
- 10 sprigs watercress, washed well
or snow peas
- 2 whole scallions, remove roots and slice in 3" long sections
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce, or wheat free Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root, finely grated
- 2 tsp scallions, finely minced
Remove stems from the shiitake, discard stems and slice the caps in half. Reserve the soaking water. Place the water, shiitake soaking water, shiitake and kombu in a skillet. Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer 5 minutes. Add the carrots, mung bean pasta and Chinese cabbage, keeping them in their own seperate section of the skillet. Cook 1 minute without a cover. Add the watercress or snow peas, scallions and cook 30 seconds more. Remove from the flame and place on the table. Prepare the dip sauce by mixing all ingredients. Place in individual, small dipping bowls. Dip food into sauce before eating.
NOTE: For a Gluten Free recipe substitute Eden Tamari Soy Sauce or a bit of Eden Sea Salt to taste in place of Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce.
Per serving - 207 calories, 0 g fat (1% calories from fat), 5 g protein, 44 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 376 mg sodium