Cloudy Juice is a Big Winner

Print Article

Consider receiving Edenews

A brief, monthly, pertinent, email with reliable facts about food, and other matters.

Pin It

May 2014

Scientists have declared cloudy, non-clarified fruit juice a big winner when it comes to antioxidant content and health benefits. Cloudy fruit juice, they found, contains up to four times more polyphenols (a class of antioxidants that eliminate free radicals) than does clear juice. The study published in the Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture concluded that genetically engineered (GMO) derived enzymes used to extract and clarify fruit juice actually reduce antioxidants, flavor, and nutritional value. Clear juice was also found devoid of pectin and other beneficial fruit cell wall components that aid in assimilation of the natural fruit sugar fructose. The GMO derived clarifying and extraction enzymes used are deemed ‘processing aids’ so they are not required to be declared as ingredients on the labels.

Today, most fruit juice on the market contains only 10 to 25% actual fruit juice, usually from concentrate of questionable foreign origin. The other 90 to 75% is water, artificial sweeteners like high fructose corn syrup, chemical natural flavors and flavor enhancers, and other additives. The real thing, real fruit juice, can still be found but it has become quite rare in food stores. You must now sort through a forest of imitations to find 100% real fruit juice. When you come upon EDEN, search no more. It is the best tasting and purest juice that you could find.

Splendid Juice

EDEN juice is pure fruit juice of simple preparation, avoiding all diminishing shortcuts, with every single ingredient declared. They are made of U.S.A. fruit that is organically grown on family orchards around the Great Lakes, and in vineyards near New York's Finger Lakes. Both areas are known to produce superb fruits of tree and vine. Many years of organic management have recaptured the beauty and splendor that is impossible to get from ‘modern’, toxic chemical dependent trees and vines. EDEN fruit is some of the world's finest, tastiest, most nutritious fruit. Studies consistently show organic fruit has up to 40% more antioxidants than toxic chemical grown and processed fruit, and that it tastes much better.

  • EDEN Apple Juice — is simply a sweet tart blend of traditional, organic, northern apple varieties providing the best flavor, nutrition, and peace of mind. It is straightforwardly pressed and lightly filtered, and the recipient of Alive magazine's ‘Award of Excellence’ for exceptional flavor, nutrition, integrity of ingredients, processing, and handling.
  • EDEN Montmorency Tart Cherry Juice — is made of 100% Montmorency tart cherries, aka the ‘pie’ and ‘healing’ cherry, organically grown on the northern shores of Lake Michigan. Recognized as one of the top, fine beverages in the world, receiving the National Association of the Specialty Food Trade (NASFT) ‘Outstanding Beverage’ award. It is richly rewarding to the senses with a deep crimson color and a delightful cherry pie bouquet. Tart Cherries are an exceptional source of melatonin.
  • EDEN Concord Grape Juice — is pressed from 100% Concord grapes that are family vineyard organically grown on the shores of New York's Keuka Finger Lake. Refreshing and rejuvenating with a pleasant slight tartness, and sweet notes unlike any other Concord grape juice. It too has been honored by the NASFT, receiving its ‘Outstanding Cold Beverage’ Award. The USDA ranked Concord grape juice #1 in antioxidant benefit out of more than 1,000 foods tested and found it especially high in protective proanthocyanidin flavonoids.

Pure and Simple Preparation

EDEN Juice is just pure, undiluted, old-fashion juice, simply fresh pressed, lightly filtered, and bottled in amber glass that best protects flavor, nutrients, and antioxidant value. No added sugars, GMO enzymes, or additives are ever used. They are just not needed.