- 1 cup Eden Dry Kidney Beans, soaked
or Eden Dry Pinto or Navy Beans
- 1 piece Eden Kombu, 2 inches long, optional
- 7 cups water
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup organic sweet corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Eden Genmai Miso, pureed in 2 T. water
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped scallions
Place the beans, kombu and water in a medium soup pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 1 hour or until 80% done. Add onion, carrot, celery and corn. Cover and simmer another 20 to 30 minutes or until the beans are tender, adding more water to desire consistency if needed. Reduce the heat to low and add the pureed miso. Mix and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve garnished with scallions.
NOTE: Eden Dry Pinto, Eden Dry Navy Beans, Eden Dry Garbanzo Beans, or Eden Dry Lentils can be substituted for kidney beans for variety.
Per serving - 131 calories, 1 g fat (6% calories from fat), 10 g protein, 29 g carbohydrate, 12 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium