- 1 cup Eden Red Quinoa, washed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
or soup stock
- 1/3 cup diced canned beets
- 2 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Eden Ume Plum Vinegar, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest (rind)
- 6 whole red radishes, sliced into half-moons
- 2 Tbsp minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions or chives
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen green peas, blanched 2 to 3 minutes, rinse in cold water to set color
- 4 ounces Eden Dried Cranberries, 1 pkg.
Cook quinoa together with the beets in water according to package directions. When done, cool, toss with all remaining ingredients and serve.
Per serving - 218 calories, 6 g fat (23% calories from fat), 5 g protein, 40 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 336 mg sodium