- 1 cup Eden Dry Roasted Almonds
- 1 cup Eden Oat Flakes
- 1 cup Eden Soft White Pastry Wheat Flour
- 2 tsp non-aluminum baking powder
- 1/8 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Eden Barley Malt Syrup
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/3 cup Eden Safflower Oil
- 1/2 cup any Eden Fruit Butter
Preheat oven to 350°. Place almonds and rolled oats in a blender or food processor and grind very fine. Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Blend together sweeteners and oil. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Mix well. Form dough into walnut-size balls. Place on an oiled or parchment-lined baking sheet. Press down in the center using your thumb to form an indentation. Place 1/2 teaspoon fruit butter/jam in each center. Bake 10 minutes. These cookies have a tendency to spread so leave space between cookies.
Note: a teaspoon of pure vanilla or almond extract may be added to the doe for extra flavor.
Per serving - 206 calories, 10 g fat (44% calories from fat), 4 g protein, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium