Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 25 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups broccoli, florets
- 8 ounces any Eden Udon, 1 package
- 2 tsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Eden Hot Pepper Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Eden Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Eden Pickled Ginger Slices, drained, reserve pickling liquid
- 1 Tbsp ginger pickling juice, drained from the pickles
- 2 Tbsp Eden Mirin
- 1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp organic black or tan sesame seeds, dry pan roasted, or Eden Shake
Cut the broccoli into small florets. Peel and coarsely chop the stems. Steam the broccoli until tender and crisp. Rinse under cold water. Drain and set aside in a large bowl.
Cook udon according to package directions. Rinse under cold water and drain. Toss in with the broccoli. Chill in the refrigerator.
To prepare the dressing, combine shoyu, oils, ginger juice, mirin and scallions. Finely chop the pickled ginger and add to the dressing. Mix and let sit for 15 minutes. Just before serving, toss the noodles and broccoli with the dressing. Garnish with sesame seeds or Eden Shake.
Per serving - 326 calories, 9 g fat (24% calories from fat), 12 g protein, 55 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 322 mg sodium