- 1 cup Eden Millet, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Eden Hulled Buckwheat, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 cup Unsweetened Edensoy, or Original
- 2 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Eden Barley Malt Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Eden Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup organic sunflower seeds
- Eden Sesame Oil, or Safflower Oil, for oiling waffle iron
Place the millet, buckwheat and water in a small bowl, loosely cover, and let stand on the counter overnight (or at least 3 hours). Drain and discard soaking water, rinse and place grains in a blender. Add 1 cup Edensoy, olive oil, barley malt syrup, sea salt and cinnamon. Process into a thick batter.
Lightly oil a hot waffle iron, sprinkle with sunflower seeds, and pour on the batter to fill the sections. Close and cook until brown and crisp. Remove from the iron, and place on a serving plate. Repeat the above steps until all waffle batter has been used. Serve with your favorite toppings or with Eden Apple Butter, Organic Apple Cherry Butter or any Eden Apple Sauce.
Yields: 4 waffles, 5" in diameter
Adapted from The Splendid Grain by Rebecca Wood, available at www.rebeccawood.com
Per serving - 522 calories, 20 g fat (33% calories from fat), 18 g protein, 75 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium