- 3 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 30 ounces Eden Cannellini (White Kidney) Beans, 2 cans, do not drain
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium carrot, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary
or 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/8 tsp Eden Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 8 slices organic whole grain sourdough bread
To make the soup, heat oil in a large soup pot and sauté the garlic and onion for 3 to 5 minutes. Add the beans, water, carrots, celery, sea salt, rosemary and black pepper. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the flame to medium low and simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Turn off the flame and add the lemon juice. Puree the soup, in small batches, in a blender. Place back in the pot and place on a low flame until the croutons are done.
To make the croutons, heat the oil in a skillet and sauté the garlic for 1 minute. Add the bread cubes and herbs. Cook the cubes, stirring and tossing frequently until crispy and slightly golden.
Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with croutons. Extra rosemary or parsley can also be added for garnish, if desired.
Per serving - 236 calories, 10 g fat (38% calories from fat), 8 g protein, 30 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 296 mg sodium