- 1 1/2 pounds organic tempeh, sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 3 Tbsp Eden Toasted Sesame Oil, Black Sesame Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp Eden Cumin Powder
- 1/2 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp onion, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger root, finely grated
- 2 cups water
Place the shoyu, garlic, cumin, orange juice, lime juice, bay leaf, onion and water in a saucepan. Take the ginger root and squeeze the juice into the pan. Mix and place the tempeh in the saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the flame and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the tempeh and set aside. Heat the sesame oil in a skillet, add the tempeh and sauté until golden brown on each side, turning the slices frequently. Remove and serve with any Eden Mustard.
Note: Tofu may be substituted for tempeh, but do not boil the tofu in the marinade. Simply place the tofu slices in the marinade and allow to marinate for 15 to 20 minutes before pan frying the slices on each side until golden.
Per serving - 374 calories, 18 g fat (43% calories from fat), 28 g protein, 25 g carbohydrate, 15 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 371 mg sodium