- 1 cup Eden Arame, rinsed, drained 5 minutes
or 1/4 cup Eden Hiziki
- 1 cup Eden Dried Lotus Root, soaked 10 minutes in 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, julienned
- 2 cups water, including lotus root soaking water
- 1 tsp Eden Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger root, squeeze out juice, discard pulp
- 2 tsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup finely sliced scallions
Chop the arame and the lotus root. Reserve lotus root soaking water. Heat oil in a medium skillet. Sauté the onions for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the lotus root and arame. Do not mix. Add enough cold water, plus lotus root soaking water, to just cover the lotus root. Cover, bring to a boil and reduce the flame to medium-low. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add the carrots, shoyu, mix, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove cover, cook off remaining liquid. Add the ginger juice and scallions, mix, cook 1 more minute and serve.
NOTE: Hiziki may be used in place of arame. If using hiziki, use only 1/4 cup as it will expand about 3 to 4 times while soaking. Soak hiziki in warm water for 15 minutes and discard soaking water before cooking according to the above directions.
Per serving - 112 calories, 1 g fat (10% calories from fat), 3 g protein, 23 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium