- 1 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely minced
- 15 ounces Eden Cannellini (White Kidney) Beans, drained, and reserve 1/4 cup bean liquid
- 1/4 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1/8 tsp Eden Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 whole baguette or loaf of Italian bread, sliced into 16 slices about 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup canned organic diced tomatoes, well drained, or any whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
Heat oil in a medium skillet and sauté garlic for 1 minute. Add the beans, reserved bean liquid, sea salt, and pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add the basil and parsley, and mix thoroughly. Mash half of the beans with a fork. Place mashed beans in the skillet, mix and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350°. Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet and bake about 5 minutes until crispy, being careful not to burn the slices. Remove and top the slices with equal amounts of the bean mixture and tomatoes.
Per serving - 108 calories, 2 g fat (15% calories from fat), 4 g protein, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium