- 1 1/2 cups Eden Soft White Pastry Wheat Flour
- 1/4 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Edensoy Original, Extra Original, or Unsweetened
- 1 1/4 cups Eden Barley Malt Syrup
- 1/2 cup Edensoy Vanilla
- 1 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Eden Agar Agar Flakes
- 3 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°.
CRUST: Combine flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Add oil and mix until consistency of cornmeal and add Edensoy. Form into a ball of dough. Roll out the dough, and place in a 9" pie plate. Crimp edges of the dough with your fingers and trim excess dough.
PECAN FILLING: Place malt, Edensoy, oil and agar flakes in a saucepan. Cook over a low flame, stirring frequently, until the agar dissolves, about 15 to 20 minutes. Turn flame to high and cook until mixture foams. Remove from flame, whisk in the vanilla and stir in the pecans. Pour into the pie shell.
TO BAKE: Bake pie for 30 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for 1 hour. As it cools the filling will set.
Per serving - 596 calories, 37 g fat (53% calories from fat), 9 g protein, 65 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium