- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, (about 4 c.) trimmed, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp Eden Safflower Oil
- 1/4 tsp Eden Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Eden Mugi Miso, Barley & Brown Rice, Genmai or Shiro Miso
- 1 T organic maple syrup
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Eden Toasted Sesame Oil, or Black Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Toss the brussel sprout with the safflower oil, sea salt and chili flakes. Roast for 20 minutes until browned and slightly crisp around edges.
While the brussel sprouts are baking, mix the garlic, miso, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and sesame oil to form a smooth paste. If too thick, add a few drops of water.
Remove the tray from the oven, add the miso glaze and stir well to evenly coat the brussel sprouts. Bake another 5 to 10 minutes until tender. Be careful not to burn the brussel sprouts.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Per serving - 160 calories, 10 g fat (53% calories from fat), 5 g protein, 15 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium