- 15 ounces Eden Black Soybeans, 1 can, drained, reserve liquid
- 1 1/2 tsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 2 cups water, including reserved bean cooking liquid
- 1/4 cup snow peas, remove stems
- 1 1/3 cups Eden Red Quinoa, washed and drained
- 1/2 cup scallions, keep bulb and green part separate, slice thin
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Eden Hot Pepper Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Eden Brown Rice Vinegar
Combine the soybeans and shoyu in a small bowl. Cover, and mix occasionally. Place water in a heavy saucepan, and bring to a boil. Blanch the snow peas for 30 seconds. Remove, rinse, drain, and set aside. Place the quinoa, garlic, and white bulb part of the scallions in the boiling water. Cover, bring to a boil, and reduce the flame to medium-low. Simmer for 20 minutes.
While the quinoa is cooking, thinly slice the snow peas, and place them in a mixing bowl. Add the beans, red pepper, and sliced scallion greens. Toss in the quinoa and thoroughly mix in the hot pepper sesame oil and rice vinegar. Serve warm over steamed kale or at room temperature on a bed of watercress, leaf lettuce or radicchio.
Per serving - 350 calories, 16 g fat (39% calories from fat), 14 g protein, 44 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 122 mg sodium