- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup Eden Maitake Mushrooms
- 4 pieces Eden Dried Tofu, soaked 10 minutes, squeeze out soaking water, cubed
- 1/2 cup julienne carrots
- 1 tsp Eden Wakame Flakes
- 1 cup bok choy or baby spinach, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Eden Genmai Miso, puréed with 2 Tbsp water
or Eden Barley & Brown Rice or Mugi Miso
- 1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
Place the water and maitake in a medium saucepan and let soak for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove maitake and slice, if desired. Place maitake back in the pot, add the dried tofu, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add the wakame, bok choy and puréed miso. Simmer without boiling for 2 to 3 minutes. Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with scallions.
Eden Barley & Brown Rice Miso or Mugi Miso can be substituted for Genmai Miso.
Per serving - 87 calories, 3 g fat (26% calories from fat), 16 g protein, 4 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 452 mg sodium