- 1/2 cup Eden Quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup Eden Red Quinoa, rinsed, drained
- 2 cups Eden Oat Flakes
or any Eden Flakes or combination of flakes
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed meal
- 1 Tbsp Eden Cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp Eden Tamari Roasted Almonds, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp Eden Roasted & Salted Pistachios, whole or coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Eden Safflower Oil
- 3 Tbsp Eden Roasted & Salted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- 1/4 cup organic pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Eden Dried Cranberries, or Dried Wild Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Thompson Organic Seedless Raisins
Preheat oven to 300°. Combine two quinoa varieties. Heat a medium heavy skillet and dry roast the quinoa, stirring frequently, until rinse water evaporates.
Place the quinoa, oats, coconut, flax meal, chopped nuts and seeds, and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Combine the honey, maple syrup and oil, and pour over the quinoa mixture. Mix to evenly coat the dry ingredients. Spread the mixture on a parchment paper lined large cookie sheet. Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes, mixing every 10 minutes to evenly roast and prevent burning.
Remove from the oven and add the dried cranberries and raisins to the granola mix. The granola is now ready to eat. To store, let cool to room temperature before placing in a tightly sealed glass jar or container in your cupboard or pantry.
Granola is a delicious breakfast cereal with Edensoy or an any time healthy snack. Sprinkle it over any Eden Apples Sauce, smoothies or whatever you desire.
Yields: about 5 cups; 1/2 cup per person
Per serving - 330 calories, 14 g fat (35% calories from fat), 8 g protein, 48 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 27 mg sodium