- 1 cup Eden Quinoa, or Red Quinoa, washed, drained
- 1 pinch Eden Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen organic sweet corn, blanched for 2 to 3 min. in 1 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup red radish, halved or quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
or two baby cucumbers, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
For the salad, bring water to a boil and add the quinoa and sea salt. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes. Turn off the flame and set aside to cool, fluffing with a fork periodically.
Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a saucepan, add the corn and simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Place the corn, tomatoes, red onion, radish and cucumber in a mixing bowl. Add the quinoa to the mixing bowl.
To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. Stir the dressing into the salad. Serve room temperature or chill for 1 hour.
Per serving - 261 calories, 12 g fat (39% calories from fat), 5 g protein, 36 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium