1,330 free recipes at www.edenfoods.com
Serves 4 | Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 50 minutes
• 2 medium acorn squash, sweet dumpling or delicata squash, cut in half, seeded
• 1 tsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for oiling squash skin
• 2 ounces Eden Dried Cranberries
or Eden Dried Wild Blueberries
• 1/3 cup walnut pieces, dry pan toasted
• 1/4 cup Eden Barley Malt Syrup
• 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly oil the skin of the squash and place on an oiled baking pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes until tender. Remove from the oven. Sprinkle an even amount of walnuts and cranberries in the hollowed out portion of the squash were the seeds were. Drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons of syrup over each squash and serve.
Variation: add a dash of Eden Cinnamon if desired.
Per serving: 271 calories, 2g fat (6% calories from fat), 2g protein, 62g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 14mg sodium