1,330 free recipes at www.edenfoods.com
Serves 5 | Prep Time 15 minutes | Cook Time 45 minutes
• 2 cans any Eden Chili
• 1 1/2 cups organic yellow cornmeal, coarsely ground
• 1 1/4 cups EDEN Soft White Pastry Wheat Flour
• 2 1/2 tsp non-aluminum baking powder
• 1/4 tsp Eden Sea Salt
• 1 cup organic sweet corn, fresh or frozen
• 1 cup onion, finely diced
• 1 3/4 cup Edensoy Original, or Unsweetened
• 1 Tbsp Eden Apple Cider Vinegar
• 1/4 cup Eden Safflower Oil
To prepare cornbread, preheat the oven to 350°. Place dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add the sweet corn and onions. Mix thoroughly. In a separate bowl, Mix Edensoy, vinegar and oil together and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes. Combine the dry and liquid ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Lightly oil an 8" to 10" cast iron skillet or an 8" x 8" baking dish. Pour the cornbread mixture into the skillet or dish and bake for 35 minutes in the skillet or 45 minutes in the baking dish.
When the cornbread is almost done, heat the chili in a medium saucepan. Remove the cornbread from the oven and slice. Ladle the chili into serving bowls and serve with a slice or two of cornbread.
Per serving: 575 calories, 16g fat (23% calories from fat), 19g protein, 96g carbohydrate, 12g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 759mg sodium