1,330 free recipes at www.edenfoods.com
Serves 7 | Prep Time 20 minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes
• 1/2 cup Eden Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms
• 1/2 cup Eden Maitake Mushrooms
• 1 cup water
• 1 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup onions, diced small
• 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced small
• 30 ounces Eden Brown Rice & Green Lentils
• 2 pinches Eden Sea Salt
• 1/8 tsp Eden Black Pepper, or to taste
• 1/4 tsp Eden Dried Basil, or 1 tsp. fresh, minced
Place the shiitake, maitake and water in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil without a cover. Reduce the flame to medium and simmer about 7 minutes or until all of the water has evaporated and the mushrooms are tender.
When the mushrooms are almost ready, heat the oil in a medium saucepan and sauté the garlic and onions for 1 minute. Add the red pepper and sauté another minute. Add the mushrooms, rice and lentils, black pepper and basil. Cover and heat over medium-low heat until the rice is hot, about 5 minutes or so.
Per serving: 147 calories, 3g fat (16% calories from fat), 8g protein, 25g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 141mg sodium