1,347 free recipes at www.edenfoods.com
Serves 5 | Prep Time 20 minutes | Cook Time 15 minutes
• 2 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1/2 cup onion, diced
• 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
• 15 ounces Eden Rice & Caribbean Black Beans, 1 can, or any Rice & Beans
• 16 ounces Eden Refried Black Beans, 1 can
• 1/2 cup organic salsa
• 5 leaves romaine lettuce, leave whole or shredded
or any leaf lettuce
• 1 avocado, pit removed, peeled, sliced
• 10 organic whole wheat burrito wrappers, or if making tacos, 10 organic corn tortilla shells
Preheat the oven to 300°. Place the burrito wrappers in a tortilla warmer or covered casserole dish. Heat until warm or fry the shells in a bit of oil until crispy for tacos.
Heat oil in a large skillet and sauté the onions and green peppers for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the rice & beans and refried beans. Mix thoroughly, cover, reduce the flame to low and cook until hot, stirring frequently.
Place an equal amount of the rice and bean mixture on each warm wrapper. Top each with salsa, a lettuce leaf and 2 or 3 slices of avocado, or any other favorite toppings. Roll up and serve whole or slice in half and serve.
Note: instead of making a burrito try oil pan-frying or grilling whole wheat or corn tortilla shells to make tostada or tacos with the rice and bean mixture.
Per serving: 562 calories, 18g fat (28% calories from fat), 16g protein, 87g carbohydrate, 13g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 1137mg sodium