1,330 free recipes at www.edenfoods.com
Serves 4 | Prep Time 20 minutes | Cook Time 12 minutes
• 4 cups water, including reserved maitake soaking water
• 2 cups Eden Maitake Mushrooms, 1 package, soaked 20 minutes in 2 cups warm water, reserve soaking water
• 1 cup green onions, sliced into 2 inch lengths
• 1 pound organic tofu, rinsed and cubed
• 2 cups Chinese cabbage, chopped
• 1/2 cup carrots, julienned
• 1 Tbsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce, or to taste
or wheat free Eden Tamari Soy Sauce
Place the water, including the maitake soaking water in a soup pot. Chop the maitake, add to the pot, cover and simmer over medium low heat for 5 minutes. Reduce flame to low, add shoyu or tamari and tofu. Simmer 3 to 4 minutes. Add green onions, carrots and Chinese cabbage or spinach. Simmer 1 minute. Serve as is for a light soup or as a broth over any Eden Soba, Udon, Kuzu Pasta, Bifun (rice) pasta or mung bean pasta (harusame).
For a spicier version, add 1 Tablespoon of freshly squeezed ginger juice or add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne to the soup just before serving. Garnish each bowl with Eden Shake, Bonito Flakes and Eden Nori.
NOTE: For a Gluten Free recipe substitute Eden Tamari Soy Sauce or a bit of Eden Sea Salt to taste in place of Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce.
Per serving: 170 calories, 5g fat (19% calories from fat), 38g protein, 15g carbohydrate, 7g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 295mg sodium