1,330 free recipes at www.edenfoods.com
Serves 6 | Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 30 minutes
• 30 ounces Eden Black Eyed Peas, 2 cans, do not drain
• 1 cup organic seitan (wheat meat), cubed, optional, see Eden's recipe
or store bought
• 1 1/2 cups onions, diced
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1/4 cup celery, diced
• 1 pinch Eden Hot Crushed Chili Pepper, or to taste
• 1/4 tsp Eden Black Pepper
• 1/2 tsp Eden Sea Salt
• 1 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1/4 tsp Eden Hot Pepper Sesame Oil, or to taste
• 2 cups precooked Eden Short Grain Brown Rice
or precooked Eden Pearled Barley
• 2 cups water
• 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
Heat oils in a medium sauce pan, sauté seitan for 2 minutes. Add garlic, onions and celery, sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add all other ingredients except the parsley, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the flame to low and simmer 20 to 25 minutes. Mix in parsley and serve.
Please see Eden's recipe for Homemade Seitan on our web site: www.Edenfoods.com or precooked seitan, called wheat meat, can be found in some natural food markets.
For those with wheat allergies, omit the seitan and substitute deep fried tofu or your choice of quality protein.
Per serving: 416 calories, 5g fat (11% calories from fat), 17g protein, 79g carbohydrate, 12g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 374mg sodium