1,330 free recipes at www.edenfoods.com
Serves 8 | Prep Time 20 minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes
• 1 ounce Eden Arame, 1/2 package, rinsed
or 1/2 ounce Eden Hiziki
• 1 cup red onion, chopped, blanched 1 minute
• 1 cup pea pods, blanched 1 minute
• 1/2 cup carrots, julienned, blanched 1 minute
• 1/4 cup celery, sliced thin, blanched 1 minute
• 15 ounces Eden Garbanzo Beans, drained
• 1 pound organic extra firm tofu, rinsed and drained
• 1 cup water
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
• 1 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped fine
or green onions
• 1 tsp organic maple syrup
• 1 1/2 Tbsp Eden Brown Rice Vinegar
• 1 Tbsp Eden Ume Plum Vinegar, or to taste
Place arame in a sauce pan and add enough cold water to half cover. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove, rinse and drain. Chop arame into 1 inch long pieces and place in a mixing bowl. If using hiziki, chopping is not needed. Add all blanched vegetables and beans.
Place all dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth and creamy. Mix in with the salad or spoon over each portion of salad before eating.
If using hiziki, soak in warm water to cover for 15 minutes before cooking, and discard soaking water. Rinse, then add fresh water to half cover. Cook same as above.
Per serving: 132 calories, 3g fat (21% calories from fat), 9g protein, 17g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium